Grievance Handling

WIGUT and the University have agreed that grievances arising out of the contract of employment and terms and conditions of service as stated in the Blue Book shall be of two categories: Individual, concerning one or more members of staff of the Union in a restricted manner, and General, concerning significant membership on a wider campus basis.

Before a grievance is officially reported to the Union in writing, it should normally be discussed first by the staff member and the Head or equivalent, with with a view to OR with the intention of resolving the matter. This is generally referred to as the “first stage”. 

To find out more about the Grievance Procedure click here... 

To report a grievance to WIGUT, download and complete a copy of the Grievance Report... this should be returned to the WIGUT office.