7. How can I become a union rep or committee member?


Becoming a rep or committee member is very simple:


·       As WIGUT is run by voluntary effort, all that is required is a letter to the General Secretary or the WIGUT office, and the Committee or Branch you would like to serve, indicating your interest. 

·       In the case of Branch or Faculty representative (rep), you can be chosen by your Branch/Faculty following a Branch meeting or you can be nominated and seconded by two or more members of the union. The nomination will then be put to the WIGUT AGM for approval.